3.9.06

I try to resist.

I caught myself once, when my father was ill, in bed with high temperature, running for the camera. I stopped. This would be too alienated. Too alienating. Both in terms of human relations, and in terms of art. It is the temptation of the provocative and the vulgar and i try to resist it. Then there is also the relationship between art and life that can't be preserved, as i see it, if my photograph became too intruding. They thrave on intimacy and can't afford to undermine it. I can't show intimacy in any general way, if there is such a thing as generaly intimacy. I can only say something universal about intimacy through actual intimacy. Mine. The actual real relationships i have with specific people. With these people that i love. The deepest i can reach is within what is more familiar and close.

- Elinor Carucci.

bodies